Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Eternal life through technology. Why hell is going to really suck

My mind works in a unique way, so this might seem to wander but in the end I think I will tie it all together. 


There is a movement today towards "trans-humanism", the combining of technology with the human body.  I think the idea of transgender-ism has been brought about to kind of get people conditioned to the idea. 

We've seen some pretty remarkable advances in prosthetic devices, and this is a part of the idea. But today the desire is to go even deeper.

Elon Musk is working on brain implant chips. The end desire is to be able to think faster and remember more.

There have been sci-fi movies and TV shows based on this concept. While I think it would be nice to be able to remember more, I sometimes forget why I went into the kitchen, having a chip in my brain to help is not what I want. 


Robotics have really advanced too, there is a video of several robots dancing to "Do you love me", there is even a robot "dog" dancing.

Again this is pretty cool but unfortunately this is not the end desire for some.


Looking back at history, in almost every generation someone has searched for the "fountain of youth". Again a lot of sci-fi movies on this.

I just remembered one of my old favorites, Dr Fibes Rises. I always enjoyed Vincent Price movies. 

The search for this fountain of youth is typically based on a love for this current life and the carnal pleasures of the body.

I think it's also a fear of what comes after death, if there is no God, then there is no resurrection. 

And so the god-less carnal man would want to find eternal life here. It's also an authority or pride issue. I am sufficient in myself.

A common attitude amongst the elite. The self made man or woman has no need for God. 


Here is where my brain makes a jump. Several years ago when I was a director at a camp in Lake Wales, we would have high school ROTC cadets come for a week and do high adventure activities. I usually ran the rappel tower and climbing wall. There were always two counties that came and the contrast between them was incredible.

To be an ROTC teacher, one must have retired from active duty in the service. (In these cases it was primarily Army).

One county came up and they were all so stiff, as if they never actually retired but thought this week they were really in the Army.

The second group was much more laid back, and more enjoyable to work with. I pointed out the difference one afternoon to some of my staff who noted how one week had been a lot of fun while the other was more like work. It's because one group actually like each other, the other just look at each other as parts of a big machine. There are some areas of competition in any camp activity, but in the one group the focus was more on winning an activity than it was on providing a safe, educational and enjoyable experience. I sometimes think they lost track these were 16-18 year old kids playing army.


Working along a similar line. I recently wrote of how Vicki and I attended Clay Clark's and General Flynn's re-awaken America event in Tampa.

While the speakers and atmosphere was incredible, the most significant thing that happened there was the group of strangers who gathered around Vicki and I to pray for us. (If you look at older posts, Wokeness is evil, there is more detail). These were people who I had not met before this day.

And while Vicki is still in pain daily, a frustration that I deal with daily, what I saw there was profound.


CHRISTIANS LOVE EACH OTHER!  


That's the difference and key to everything. Pagans don't love each other. I seriously doubt that Mr Schaub, or Bezos, or Zuckerbuck care an iota about each other.

Each one is simply a part of a machine, and I firmly believe that if any one gets in the way, they will be removed.


This is why heaven will be so great and why hell will totally suck. Everyone in heaven will love me, and I will love everyone else.

What an awesome thought. Just ponder this for a moment. No infighting, no politics, no backstabbing. Just unconditional love. (And love MUST be unconditional. If anyone ever says I love because, then that is not love).


But in hell it's all about self, there will be no real friends, no-one to trust. Truly hell.


Yet there is a message for Mr Bezos and acquaintances. Life is already eternal, you simply live hear now and when this body dies, have a change of address.

There is a paradise, which I do believe will be so much better than here, and there is torment that will surpass even the worst nightmare.

Until the last breath is taken, every man has the opportunity to accept the gift of life. But it requires the denial of self, an acceptance that I am NOT enough and that I need God. (Who really does exist).


The real fountain of youth flows from the throne of God, it's the river of life and love. It's there for anyone to come and drink your fill.

Choose Him today and look forward not to a hybrid life on this world, but a wonderful eternity of love.