Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Working on Memorial day

For it being a day off I was still busy, but then I'm always busy. With the shop closed I could get some personal machine time and made some more gadgets. Been steadily selling nearly every day. Did not get in the bees in my yard but I did watch them for 5 mins. Steady stream of bees and pollen so that looked pretty good. I wanted to check the colony that was queen-less at the club yard, where we added the mated queen last Sunday. The first frame I pulled was fully laid up on both sides so I closed that back up. Checked the queen finisher at mom's house, I now have 6 caged cells which should emerge Friday. And finally checked the walk off split we did last Sunday that's at my son's house. There are 11 capped cells on three frames. I'll just leave them bee and let things take the natural course. I plan to make up mating nucs Sunday for the virgins that hatch Friday. I will need to borrow at least two nucs, maybe three. Does anyone have some 2 frame mating nucs? Oh and no stings today. A very good day!